This is the last day of my series ‘5 Salads in 5 Days’ where I have posted 5 different salads over 5 consecutive days. I must say that I have lots of salads backed up in my fridge – enough to last for one week!
Today’s post is Pizza with Lemon-marinated Sashimi Tuna Slices. Do I hear you ask, “Is that a pizza or a salad?” Well, this dish can be both! Place some pizza slices on a platter or cutting board with some salad greens, and you can have your cake (I mean pizza) and eat it too!
This pizza is topped with olives, slow-cooked onions and delicious marinated sashimi tuna slices. Grab a piece while you can and don’t forget the salad greens!
- For the Pizza:
- 10 g dry yeast
- 60 g warm water
- 200 g flour
- 5 g salt
- 5 g sugar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- about 20 black olives, pitted and sliced in half
- small jar of anchovies (optional)
- For the lemon vinaigrette marinade:
- 50 ml fresh lemon juice
- 75 ml olive oil
- 30 ml peanut or vegetable oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- salt/pepper to taste
- For the garnish:
- ~ 300 g of sashimi grade tuna, sliced thinly
- Mixed salad greens, including some water cress
- Pre-heat oven to 190 C (380 F).
- Prepare the pizza base: dissolve the yeast in 60 ml of warm water. Add flour to a mixing bowl, add the salt, sugar, egg and olive oil and mix with a wooden spoon. Add the yeast mixture and stir until smooth.
- Turn the dough out onto the benchtop, knead several times and form into a ball using your hands. Place dough back into mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the lemon vinaigrette: combine the lemon juice, oils, Dijon mustard and salt/pepper. Slice the sashimi-grade raw tuna into thin slices and marinate in the vinaigrette for at least 15 minutes. Now cook the sliced onions in 3 tbsp oil on the stovetop until soft and set aside.
- When the dough has risen, place it onto a floured surface and roll out into a rectangular shape, about ¼ inch thick and 6 – 7 inches wide. Brush the dough with olive oil and spread the onion mixture on top of the dough. Add the chopped olives and anchovy pieces (optional) on top of the dough and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes until the dough is a light brown color.
- Remove pizza from oven, add the tuna slices and anchovies on top of the pizza and drizzle with a little olive oil. Slice into pieces about 3 inches wide, arrange the pieces on a platter or wooden cutting board and garnish with various salad greens (I used pieces of watercress and some cos lettuce pieces).