Easy Mini- Cheesecakes
This post is in honor of my sister Donna, who passed recently away on April 3. Donna was my big sister who looked after me and took me fun places when I was young. She was a gifted pianist and inspired me with her music.
At the gathering following the funeral, my friend, Karen, served these homemade mini-cheesecakes, topped with blueberries and raspberries. These are so easy to make and Donna would have loved them since she adored anything sweet.
To make these little cheesecakes, all you do is line individual muffin (cupcake) cases with either a vanilla or chocolate wafer cookie and then place the cream cheese mixture on top, bake and then garnish with fruit of your choice.
Donna, we will miss you and hope you enjoy these treats, which we made especially for you!
Sept 8, 1940 to April 3, 2013
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Pre-heat oven to 325 ° F (165 ° C).
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl with electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and almond extract together and beat well.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake ‘patty cases.’ Place a vanilla wafer (biscuit) in the bottom of each case and then spoon the batter into each until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22 -24 minutes or until the centers are almost set
- Cool and then refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with blueberries, raspberries or fruit of your choice.
- Variation: you can substitute a chocolate wafer (cookie) for the vanilla wafer, if desired.